Below are this week’s alerts for the Investment Network. Enjoy!
This Issue’s Topics:
- JOB: Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP: Patent Agent or Associate Attorney/ Intellectual Property Group
- REMINDER: FREE: Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association Formally Launches Operations; International Event Co-Hosted by Stradley Ronon & the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG)
- FREE: ACG/S&P Global Market Intelligence: ESG and Value Creation: What are the Opportunities for Private Equity Firms and Investment Banks?
- R.I. Wednesday Webinar Series: Opportunities in Private Credit
- FREE: SEC Virtual: National Compliance Outreach Seminar for Investment Companies and Investment Advisers
- 100 Women in Finance Webinar: The Future of Asset Management with Suni Harford, President of UBS Asset Management
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP: Patent Agent or Associate Attorney/Intellectual Property Group
Located in Philadelphia, Malvern, Chicago, New York or DC Stradley Office (or remote opportunity considered)
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP is currently seeking an experienced Patent Agent or Associate Attorney to join the life sciences practice of our prestigious Intellectual Property Group. This is a great opportunity to join a growing IP practice. The position can be flex-schedule and telecommunication arrangements will also be considered. The selected candidate must have the following:
- Registration to practice before the USPTO (patent agents and attorneys)
- JD from an accredited law school and license to practice law in any US jurisdiction (patent attorneys)
- 3-6 years of experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications, client counseling and conducting searches
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in biotechnology, molecular biology, immunology or a related discipline with an emphasis in molecular genetics (ideally, experience in the use of genome browser and gene variants)
- A minimum of both undergraduate and advanced degrees, preferably a Ph.D.
- Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills
Candidates should state that they were referred to the position by Nicole Kalajian. For questions regarding the position, please contact Kristin Smith, Legal Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter for consideration directly to Kristin, or apply through LinkedIn by clicking here.
REMINDER: FREE: Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA) Formally Launches Operations with International Event Co-Hosted By Stradley Ronon & the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG)
Friday, October 9, 2020, 10:00 A.M.-12:30 P.M. CDT
110+ Global Contributors. 18 months. 5 Committees. 3 Surveys. One Global DCA. Industry participants and supporters will celebrate the culmination of months of effort and global grassroots engagement with the formal launch of the Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA). Co-hosted by Stradley Ronon and the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG), this event brings together distinguished speakers and guest panelists to share their perspectives on the evolution of the cryptocurrency and digital asset industry, the value of self-regulation, and the development journey of the Global DCA. Structured to include traditional presentations as well as fireside chats with industry thought leaders and experts, this event will offer an engaging opportunity to learn more about the Global DCA, its structure and intended impact in furthering market integrity, consumer protection, and technological and industry development.
Featured speakers will include:
- Bill Foster, US Congressman & Co-Chair of the Congressional Blockchain Caucus (D-IL)
- Richard Sandor, American Financial Exchange (AFX) and Dennis Chookaszian
- Kristin Boggiano, CrossTower
- Chris Hehmeyer, Hehmeyer
- Nicole Kalajian, Stradley Ronon
- Lanre Sarumi, Level Trading
- Matthew Lisle, Drawbridge Lending
- Gabriella Kusz, Global DCA
FREE: ACG/S&P Global Market Intelligence: ESG and Value Creation: What are the Opportunities for Private Equity Firms and Investment Banks?
Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 12:00 P.M. CDT
As environmental, social and governance considerations, known collectively as ESG, continue to power their way through financial markets, users and use cases are diversifying. While investors have played a key role to date, investment banks are increasingly exploring ways to leverage ESG data and create value.
In this webinar, we will explore the relevance of ESG for PE firms and Investment banks: What trends are driving ESG strategies? What is changing for key industry sectors? How is ESG data used across core business functions? How can ESG contribute to companies’ bottom lines?
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to understand:
- Drivers behind ESG integration within PE firms and investment banks;
- Uses cases across core value-drivers; and
- Specific applications in key sectors.
To register, click here.
A.R.I. Wednesday Webinar Series: Opportunities in Private Credit
Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 1:00 P.M. CDT
Join Zack Ellison, CFA, CAIA, Managing General Partner and CIO of Applied Real Intelligence, LLC (“A.R.I.”), alongside a panel of industry-leading private credit investors for a detailed discussion of why private credit is currently regarded as the asset class du jour by many capital allocators.
- Zack Ellison, Applied Real Intelligence, LLC
- Jon Ashley, HPS Investment Partners, LLC
- Brett HickeyStar Mountain Capital, LLC
- Jacob Walthour, Blueprint Capital Advisors, LLC
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Why private credit is currently regarded as the asset class du jour by many capital allocators
- Private credit strategies that provide high income, diversification, and capital protection
- The private credit strategies that allocators like best in today’s markets
- Where different types of private credit strategies fit in an allocators portfolio
- How allocators can identify and evaluate the best private credit managers
- Lessons learned and how to avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of the past
- What to expect in private credit in 2021
To register, click here.
FREE: SEC Virtual: National Compliance Outreach Seminar for Investment Companies and Investment Advisers
Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:00 A.M.-3:50 P.M. CDT
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it has rescheduled its compliance outreach program’s national seminar for investment companies and investment advisers to Nov. 19, 2020. This program is intended to help Chief Compliance Officers (CCOs) and other senior personnel at investment companies and investment advisory firms enhance their compliance programs for the protection of investors. The November program will be offered as a live webcast—both speakers and attendees will be participating in the program remotely. All live webcast attendees may view the program real-time, access presentation materials, and submit questions to the speakers during the presentation. Questions for the panels may also be submitted prior to the event to ComplianceOutreach@sec.gov.
The SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE), Division of Investment Management (IM), and the Asset Management Unit (AMU) of the Division of Enforcement jointly sponsor the compliance outreach program. Investment advisers and investment company senior officers do not need to register to attend the live webcast, which may be accessed via SEC.gov on the day of the event. The agenda for the seminar is available here. Speakers will include senior representatives from the Commission, OCIE, IM, AMU, and industry. Topics will include: program priorities in 2020, business continuity and information security, issues regarding conflicts of interest, regulatory hot topics, and topics specific to investment companies.
Although registration is not required to attend the virtual seminar, there is a possibility that live access demand may exceed capacity. A recording will be made available on the SEC’s website after the event. For more information, contact: ComplianceOutreach@sec.gov.
100 Women in Finance Webinar: The Future of Asset Management with Suni Harford, President of UBS Asset Management
Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 12:00 P.M. CDT
Learn what lies ahead for asset management as firms adapt to sustainable investing and the impact of COVID-19. Suni Harford will also share her perspective on diversity and inclusion and recent initiatives within UBS.
Suni is a champion of women’s advancement and a senior sponsor of All Bar None, the women’s networking and mentorship organization at UBS, whose members will also attend the webinar. Marsha Askins, UBS GWM Chief of Staff Americas, will moderate the discussion.
For more information, click here.