Below are this week’s alerts for the Investment Network. Enjoy!
This Issue’s Topics:
- JOB: Compliance Director/Associate Counsel
- OPPORTUNITY: Women in Listed Derivatives: 2021 Board Nominations
- FREE: Joot Webinar: How to Manage Compliance Remotely
- FREE: Two Sides of the American Coin: Innovation & Regulation of Digital Assets
- CAIA Chicago (via Zoom): Allocators on Investing in the Post-COVID-19 World
- 100 Women in Finance Webinar: Luminary Fireside Chat with Shellye Archambeau
- 100 Women in Finance Webinar: Investor Perspectives – Hedge Fund Allocation
- FREE: Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA) Formally Launches Operations with International Event Co-Hosted By Stradley Ronon & Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG)
- FREE: Thompson Coburn and Exchange Analytics Webinar: Annual Chicago Conference on Futures And Derivatives
Compliance Director/Associate Counsel
Catamount Search Partners is working exclusively with a Chicago-based alternative investment manager to hire a Compliance Director/Associate Counsel. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with compliance and funds at an investment firm, legal or compliance consultant, or a top law firm. Must have extensive knowledge of securities laws, including the Investment Advisers Act. JD required.
If you are qualified and interested, please contact Katy Lewis at Catamount Search Partners, email@example.com.
Women in Listed Derivatives: 2021 Board Nominations
Closes October 7, 2020
Applications are now being accepted for the WILD Board of Directors. Seeking board member candidates who believe in WILD’s mission to highlight and learn from industry role models, encourage career development and support the advancement of women in listed and over the counter derivatives and are willing to be active in governance roles. We believe that this work has never been more important than it is today and we hope that you will consider becoming a nominee.
WILD Board members are responsible for WILD’s governance, as well as representing and advocating for its mission, program, and activities. Board members are responsible for advising, overseeing policy and direction, and assisting with the leadership and general promotion of WILD so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
The term begins January 2021. Self-nominations are welcome. All nominations will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, and candidates will be contacted by Nominating Committee members as part of the vetting process.
Please email Penny Copleston at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Board of Directors application form.
FREE: Joot Webinar: How to Manage Compliance Remotely
Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:00-1:00 P.M. CDT
Please join us for a Joot webinar on managing compliance during COVID-19.
With so many advisory firms continuing to operate using a work-from-home model, managing compliance takes on new challenges that many of us never expected to face. To share some perspectives on this, our moderator, Dina Tantra, Joot’s Chief Strategy Officer has brought together three industry experts:
- Jody T. Foster – Symphony Consulting
- Melanie Mendoza – Matarin Capital
- Nicole Kalajian – Stradley Ronon
Attend this webinar and you’ll get:
- Insight on how the SEC has been addressing compliance based on actual examination experiences over the last 6 months
- A checklist of updates to ensure your policies, procedures, risk matrix and business continuity plans cover these changing times
- Areas to focus on based on the latest OCIE Risk Alert
- Tips on managing compliance remotely
To register, click here.
FREE: Two Sides of the American Coin: Innovation & Regulation of Digital Assets
Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:15 A.M.-12:15 P.M. CDT
As demand for the digitization of new assets grows beyond capital markets to include industries like insurance, healthcare, and real estate, questions linger on how best to regulate the marketplace without stifling innovation. Regulators and blockchain industry leaders must work together to identify solutions that will promote responsible growth in asset digitization.
Please join the Chamber of Digital Commerce, Securrency, U.S. regulators and leading industry voices as we discuss how best to balance innovative regulation with responsible innovation.
Panel Discussion: “Innovative Regulation”
- Jackson Mueller –Securrency (Moderator)
- Brian Brooks – Acting Comptroller of the Currency
- Jay Clayton – Securities and Exchange Commission
Panel Discussion: “Responsible Innovation”
- Hillary Brill –Georgetown University Law Center (Moderator)
- Jonathan Steinberg –WisdomTree
- Daniel Gorfine –Gattaca Horizons
- Jay Biancamano –State Street
- Jennifer Peve –DTCC
- Patrick Campos –Securrency
- Seth Hertlein –Stellar Development Foundation
To register, click here.
CAIA Chicago (via Zoom): Allocators on Investing in the Post-COVID-19 World
Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:00 A.M. CDT
The pandemic has tested our investment beliefs, portfolios, and processes. Our panelists will share the lessons they have learned and how they plan to reposition their approaches and portfolios for success in the new world.
The speakers include:
- Jeremy Heer, The University of Chicago
- Paul Kreiselmaier, Verus Investments
- Jason Sammet, MOSERS (Missouri Employee Retirement System).
- Leo Svoboda, Nationwide
- Marat Molyboga, Efficient Capital Management (Moderator)
To register, click here.
100 Women in Finance Webinar: Luminary Fireside Chat with Shellye Archambeau
Thursday, October 1, 2020, 7:00 P.M. CDT
How do you tread the fine line between assertive and aggressive? What role does ambition play as you progress along your career path?
Gain a new perspective on these ideas from Shellye Archambeau, Fortune 500 Board Member and one of Silicon Valley’s first female African American CEOs. Archambeau will share practical advice on achieving your aspirations while building an integrated life plan. Her tips will offer you tools to chart and pursue your own ambitious path.
Please send your questions to email@example.com by Tuesday, September 29 or you may submit them during the webinar.
Produced by the 100WF Northern California Education Committee.
100WF members can RSVP by clicking here.
100 Women in Finance Webinar: Investor Perspectives – Hedge Fund Allocation Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 11:00 A.M. CDT
Sponsored by GCM Grosvenor
How do institutional investors today view hedge funds for the short term and the longer term? Have they modified their current portfolios or are they riding out the tumultuous markets with an eye on a distant horizon?
Gain insights into how investors source, select and evaluate alternative managers. Hear practical tips on how to best present your fund and consider how to navigate the current fundraising environment.
Topics on the agenda include:
- How investors currently position their portfolios given the macro environment
- The role of hedge fund investments in portfolio construction
- How managers are innovating due to current market conditions and remote work
- Essential do’s and don’ts to best engage with current and prospective investors
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 5, 2020 or you may submit them during the webinar.
For more information, click here.
FREE: Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA) Formally Launches Operations with International Event Co-Hosted By Stradley Ronon & Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG)
Friday, October 9, 2020, 10:00 A.M.-12:30 P.M. CDT
110+ Global Contributors. 18 months. 5 Committees. 3 Surveys. One Global DCA. Industry participants and supporters will celebrate the culmination of months of effort and global grassroots engagement with the formal launch of the Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA). Co-hosted by Stradley Ronon and the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG), this event brings together distinguished speakers and guest panelists to share their perspectives on the evolution of the cryptocurrency and digital asset industry, the value of self-regulation, and the development journey of the Global DCA. Structured to include traditional presentations as well as fireside chats with industry thought leaders and experts, this event will offer an engaging opportunity to learn more about the Global DCA, its structure and intended impact in furthering market integrity, consumer protection, and technological and industry development.
Featured speakers will include:
- Bill Foster, US Congressman & Co-Chair of the Congressional Blockchain Caucus (D-IL)
- Richard Sandor, American Financial Exchange (AFX) and Dennis Chookaszian
- Kristin Boggiano, CrossTower
- Chris Hehmeyer, Hehmeyer
- Nicole Kalajian, Stradley Ronon
- Lanre Sarumi, Level Trading
- Matthew Lisle, Drawbridge Lending
- Gabriella Kusz, Global DCA
FREE: Thompson Coburn and Exchange Analytics Webinar: Annual Chicago Conference on Futures And Derivatives
Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 1:00-3:00 P.M. CDT
Between the pandemic and the resulting financial devastation, the futures and derivatives markets have displayed unprecedented volatility. Add working from home to the mix and compliance has never been more challenging.
In response, we are offering a two-hour webinar on the current state of regulation and enforcement in our industry. At no cost, you can hear from regulators and enforcement attorneys about the latest developments and earn two hours of CLE.
The regulation panel will include: Jennifer Sunu, NFA, Robert Sniegowski, CME and Joseph Adamczyk, Exchange Analytics. The enforcement panel will include: James McDonald, CFTC; Steven Schweitzer, CME and Renato Mariotti, Thompson Coburn.
To RSVP, click here.