Below are this week’s alerts for the Investment Network. Enjoy!
This Issue’s Topics:
- Private Fund Structuring “101” Article
- 100 Women in Finance Global Webinar: MidCareer Bridge Series Part 2 of 3: Unlocking Inspiration During Change
- FREE: ACG: The Importance of Human Capital in Portfolio Companies: How the Right Leadership Decisions Produce Superior Returns
- FREE: Opalesque: How Quants Achieve Material Improvements in ESG Investment Performance
- 100 Women in Finance Global Webinar: Emerging and Diverse Managers: Why Now?
- FREE: ICI Global Webinar: Understanding Japan’s New Foreign Investment Laws: How Has Investing in Japan Changed for Regulated Funds and Their Managers? – June 2020
Private Fund Structuring “101” Article
Published on June 9, 2020 by ValueWalk
Stradley Ronon Attorney Nicole Kalajian’s article on Private Fund Structuring “101” was published in ValueWalk. The article provides in-depth guidance on key structuring considerations in connection with a new private fund launch. To read the article, click here.
100 Women in Finance Global Webinar: MidCareer Bridge Series Part 2 of 3: Unlocking Inspiration During Change
Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:30 A.M.-12:15 P.M. CDTGain inspiration for greater connection and success among your colleagues in the 100 Women in Finance global community. Hear from women leaders who have had an impact on society and the marketplace in a unique three-part series, Unlocking Inspiration During Change.
Learn ways to adapt and rive in challenging circumstances from Executive Coach Edwina Bowen.
Some key topics include:
- The role of Emotional Intelligence in an uncertain environment
- Four key emotional intelligence skills for dealing with change
- Strategies and tools for the workplace
This program is open to all global members as Part two of a three-part series. You need not attend any of the other programs to benefit from participating in a single event.
The presentation will last for 30 minutes followed by 15 minutes Q&A with the audience. Please email your questions to the MidCareer Bridge London Committee in advance or submit them during the webinar.
For more information, click here.
FREE: ACG/MDA Leadership Webinar: The Importance of Human Capital in Portfolio Companies: How the Right Leadership Decisions Produce Superior Returns
Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:00 A.M. CDT
Newly acquired portfolio companies face the ultimate talent challenge. They must determine if the executives that led the company thus far will be able to execute new strategy and lead the company into the future. Moreover, they must determine if that leadership is qualified to achieve investment thesis, drive revenue growth, reduce costs and build new organizational capabilities. The wrong leaders can be debilitating.
According to a study in Harvard Business Review, portfolio company leadership has a direct 10-15% impact on financial performance and a 25-30% impact on market valuation.
At this webinar you’ll hear the story of American Residential Services (ARS), a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners. In a strategic move, it decided to improve performance consistency and business growth across the enterprise’s geographic footprint, believing that the answer lay in the leadership capabilities and impact of its senior leadership team and General Managers (GMs). It leveraged executive assessment and analysis to make key business decisions that significantly increased the value of its investment, attributed in large part to these best practices.
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Understand how talent due diligence, in the form executive assessment and analysis, enables you to deliver on your investment thesis and achieve the highest return on investment.
- Discover the best approach for assessing and naming a senior team or critical leadership talent that is pivotal to your success.
- Learn the critical success factors and challenges in making tough talent decisions.
- Receive a case study where one private equity firm significantly increased the value of its investment, attributed in large part to these best practices.
For more information , click here.
FREE: Opalesque: How Quants Achieve Material Improvements in ESG Investment Performance
Thursday, June 18, 2020, 9:00 A.M. CDT
This Opalesque SKILLSLAB webinar will cover:
- Brief review of long-term performance of ESG funds: Near-market returns and unmitigated market risk may not represent the apex of achievable ESG performance
- How a new quantitative approach to ESG strategy can guard against the key risk of acute economic contraction by mitigating downside risk
- Three ways this quantitative approach can improve an ESG portfolio’s risk/return profile
For more information, click here.
100 Women in Finance Global Webinar: Emerging and Diverse Managers: Why Now?
Monday, June 22, 2020, 3:00 P.M. CDT
According to the World Economic Forum, only 1.3% of US financial assets are managed by women or minorities. Statistically, women-managed funds and funds managed by emerging or minority investment managers have strong track records comparable to their peers. Why the gap?
Learn about the opportunity set within diverse women and minority investment managers, as well as the challenges of raising capital today. Focus on the positive impact of diversity hiring practices and assembling a talented investment team. In addition, consider specific industries which may be ripe for opportunistic investment.
To promote dialogue, please send your questions in advance to Chicago@100women.org by Friday, June 19 or you can submit them during the webinar.
Registration is open to 100WF members. For more information, click here.
FREE: ICI Global Webinar: Understanding Japan’s New Foreign Investment Laws: How Has Investing in Japan Changed for Regulated Funds and Their Managers?
Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 7:00-8:30 A.M. CDT
ICI Global, the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, and the US Commercial Service (Japan) are pleased to invite you to participate in an informational webinar on Japan’s new foreign investment laws, featuring a representative of Japan’s Ministry of Finance.
The recently implemented Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act (FEFTA) significantly increases Japan’s screening of foreign direct investment. The Ministry of Finance will present on these new rules to help global regulated fund managers understand the changes to the foreign investment laws and how they apply to regulated funds and their managers. The presentation will be followed by a facilitated Q&A session designed to answer practical questions foreign fund managers may have about the new rules.
The speakers will be Matthew Poggi of the Department of Treasury, Hideaki Imamura of the Ministry of Finance, Tomoko Fuminaga of Morgan Lewis, David Nichols of the ACCJ Investment Management Committee and Eva Mykolenko of ICI Global.
For more information, click here.