Below are this week’s alerts for the Investment Network. Enjoy!
This Issue’s Topics:
- Chicago Financial Women: Jewelry & Stones 101 – Antique Roadshow
- Chicago Bar Association Securities Law Committee Meeting
- CAIA Chicago: Options for Risk Management and Buffered Protection in Times of Volatile Markets
- Hedge Fund Association Symposium: Philanthropy & Charitable Giving 50-Day Countdown
Chicago Financial Women: Jewelry & Stones 101 – Antique Roadshow
Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 5:30-7:30 P.M.
Diamonds on Wabash, 15 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL
Join Chicago Financial Women for an evening of networking and consumer education on jewelry and stones from the Chicagoland premier jewelry retailer, Diamonds on Wabash. Their experienced team will share the essentials of what you need to know before buying a diamond and what’s trending in the jewelry market, just in time for the holidays. Your ticket grants you access to the seminar, exclusive markdowns for your holiday shopping, and a complimentary appraisal on the first item, for our very own CFW antique roadshow! Diamonds on Wabash will be offering discounted appraisals throughout the evening, so bring in the pieces you’re curious about while enjoying our Santa-gria signature cocktail!
To register, click here.
Chicago Bar Association Securities Law Committee Meeting
Thursday, November 21, 2019, 12:15-1:30 P.M.
Chicago Bar Association, 321 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL
The Committee is thrilled to announce that Tanya Solov, Director, Illinois Securities Department is joining us for our meeting next week. We are grateful for Ms. Solov’s time and look forward to her engaging presentation on the Illinois Securities Department’s role in regulating industry and protecting investors.
Ms. Solov asks that we have questions ready for her. Send your questions with your RSVP to Sharon Nyland. We will do our best to address as many questions as possible in the limited time of the meeting.
Please RSVP to Sharon Nyland at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can accommodate everyone.
CAIA Chicago: Options for Risk Management and Buffered Protection in Times of Volatile Markets
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 4:45-7:00 P.M.
Cboe Auditorium, 400 S. LaSalle St. (enter on Van Buren St.), 4th Flr., Chicago, IL
Topics to be discussed include:
- Strategies for protection of profits and mitigation of risk
- Options for yield enhancement and income generation
- Liquidity, capacity, and operational considerations
The speakers will be Bruce Bond of Innovator Capital Management, Joseph Cusick of Calamos Investments and Ted Samulowitz of Invesco. The program moderator will be Matt Moran of Cboe Global Markets.
For more information, click here.
Hedge Fund Association Symposium: Philanthropy & Charitable Giving 50-Day Countdown
Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 4:30-7:30 PM
150 N. Riverside, Chicago, IL
Please join us 50 days prior to April 15th (tax day) for this timely HFA Symposium, Philanthropy & Charitable Giving: The 50-Day Countdown. An outstanding panel of speakers, including advisers, impact investors and philanthropists, will share actionable insights, non-traditional strategies and fascinating case studies. Attendees will enjoy valuable takeaways, Q&A opportunities and a networking cocktail reception after the panel program. Symposium topics include:
- Identification of new trends and innovative approaches to philanthropy.
- When embarking on a new strategic initiative, what type of legal and/or tax structures should be considered or chosen and why?
- How does impact investing balance sustainable social change with economic returns?
- How can collaborative non-traditional options achieve broad community impact?
The speakers will be Ric Estrada of Metropolitan Family Services, Jennifer Gniady of Stradley Ronon and Suzanne Currie of Celadon Financial Group. Nicole Kalajian of Stradley Ronon will be moderating the Symposium.
For more information, click here.