Below are this week’s alerts for the Investment Network. Enjoy!
This Issue’s Topics:
- REMINDER: FREE: Investment Network’s Happy Hour
- FinTank Monthly Blockchain/Crypto Meetup
- FREE: Chicago SRI/ESG Breakfast Discussion, Aligning Investments with Client Values
- FREE: Stradley Ronon Webinar: The Latest on the SEC Standards of Conduct Initiative
- FREE: ACG Chicago: Webinar: What Top Mid-Market CEOs Do Differently to Successfully Execute Their Growth Strategy
- FREE: Future Values Symposium A Wealth Management Conference
- 100 Women in Finance: EDUCATION SESSION #856; Women of Experience: An evening with Patricia Levy of DRW
REMINDER: FREE: Investment Network’s Happy Hour
Thursday, September 20, 2018, 5:30-7:00 PM
Trading Technologies Tech Tap, 222 S Riverside Plaza #1100 (near corner of Canal and Adams), Chicago, IL
Our Investment Network Happy Hour, hosted by Trading Technologies, is shaping up to be a fun evening for our members with good company, food and a variety of drinks. Beers are on draft and the conversations will be flowing.
Contact Kathy Petrusek (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP or RSVP to the invite that was sent out to Investment Network members.
FinTank Monthly Blockchain/Crypto Meetup
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 6:00-8:00 PM
Illinois Tech (IIT) Downtown Campus, 565 W. Adams, Chicago, IL
Come meet and network with traders, investors, and other crypto enthusiasts who are building the FinTech community in Chicago. With major derivative exchanges Cboe and CME trading bitcoin & ether futures and the recent announcements that Kraken and Coinbase are either moving their headquarters to or opening an office in Chicago, the Windy City is on the verge of becoming the crypto trading capital of the world!
Our special guest speaker will be Derek Urben, CFO and Director of Business Development at Coinigy, an all-in-one platform for digital currency based in Milwaukee. Users can trade hundreds of currencies on over 45 exchanges from a single account and gain access to extensive charting tools, real-time and historical market data, more than 75 technical indicators and numerous apps. Prior to joining Coinigy, Derek worked in corporate development and M&A at Briggs & Stratton.
To register, click here.
FREE: Chicago SRI/ESG Breakfast Discussion, Aligning Investments with Client Values
Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:45-9:30 AM
Nuveen, 333 West Wacker Drive, 36th Floor, Chicago, IL
We are hosting this meeting in collaboration with Forefront, the state association of foundations, nonprofits, and advisors in Illinois, many of whom find this topic particularly relevant.
Our discussion will focus on how a client’s portfolio can be aligned with societal issues they find important. However, rather than discussing the ways that various issues can be addressed within one asset class, we wanted to pick one issue and discuss how that could be addressed across multiple asset classes.
For our conversation, we have selected the topic of diversity, although similar thinking can be used to address other issues that are important to investors such as job creation, climate change or human rights.
- What are the options for mainstream, market rate-seeking investors?
- What are the biggest challenges impeding portfolio alignment with investors’ values?
- What questions should be posed to managers?
Speakers will be announced shortly.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Wednesday September 26th if you are able to join us.
FREE: Stradley Ronon Webinar: The Latest on the SEC Standards of Conduct Initiative
Thursday, October 4, 2018, 10:00-11:00 AM
Join industry leaders for a 60-minute webinar to discuss the potential impact of the SEC’s Best Interest Proposals on the fund industry. Topics will include:
- Overview of the Proposals, Including Regulation Best Interest
- Key Themes in the Comment Letters
- Impact on Fund Distributors, Dealers and Funds, including Non-Cash Compensation and Other Distribution Practices
- Evolving Process and Future Suitability Concerns
The presenters include Helen E. Rizos of Fidelity Investments, Sarah A. Bessin of Investment Company Institute; David W. Grim of Stradley Ronon; and Lawrence P. Stadulis of Stradley Ronon.
To register, click here.
FREE: ACG Chicago: Webinar: What Top Mid-Market CEOs Do Differently to Successfully Execute Their Growth Strategy
Thursday, October 4, 2018, 12:00-1:00 PM
Nearly 70% of product launches fail and 83% of mergers and acquisitions do not deliver expected ROI. Lack of great execution is the most common culprit, but you can beat the odds.
Learn what top performing CEOs are doing differently to execute with precision and achieve their growth goals.
- A case study of how AvidXchange, the #1 financial technology company recently valued at $1 billion, creates “Execution Ready” Annual Plans that set them up for success all year long.
- How Mobility Works, the leader in wheelchair accessible vehicles, used KPIs, metrics and dashboards to drive team alignment and grow from 5 to 70+ locations, mostly via acquisition.
- How to make the dreaded weekly meeting one of your most powerful assets.
- Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
Speaker: Cindy Praeger of Rhythm Systems.
To register, click here
FREE: Future Values Symposium A Wealth Management Conference
Thursday, November 1, 2018, 12:00-5:00 PM
DePaul University, Conference Center 8005, 1 E. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL
Keynote presentations by:
- Donald Wuebbles, Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the Center on Urban Sustainability at the University of Illinois;
- Brian Richter, Founder of Sustainable Waters; Global leader in water science and conservation; advisor to some of the world’s largest corporations, investment banks and United Nations; and
- Matthew Weatherly-White, Co-founder, Managing Director of The Caprock Group; pursuing positive financial return while creating durable, measurable social and environmental value.
Panel of Impact Portfolio Investment Managers, moderated by Peter Detweiler of Forbes Magazine, and including William Weatherly-White of Caprock Group, William Page of Essex Investment Management, and Lee O’Dwyer of Bloomberg.
To register, click here.
100 Women in Finance: EDUCATION SESSION #856; Women of Experience: An evening with Patricia Levy of DRW
Thursday, November 1, 2018, 5:00 PM Registration, 5:30 PM Event Begins
Ropes & Gray LLP, 191 N. Upper Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL
Staying between the lines is paramount in every sector of the highly regulated financial services industry. As general counsel at DRW, a proprietary trading firm, Patricia Levy’s job is to keep the firm within those lines. Levy will share her career path, including her roles as a corporate attorney at two law firms and in house at trading firms and an investment bank. Learn how she has guided the firm in keeping up with developments in trading and what may lie ahead. Gain from her insights into what it takes to successfully navigate a dynamic industry. Networking follows the discussion.
The program will begin promptly at 5:30 PM; allow time to get through building security and to register before the event begins. Those arriving after registration has closed will NOT be admitted and will be subject to a “No-Show Fee.” Networking reception will follow.
To RSVP, click here